Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"Fall is fighting" (Kyrgyz saying)

It's the last week of November and things are well.

It has yet to become frightningly cold ... and, I'm thankful for that. Although, two packages finally made it to me last week from the U.S. with warm clothes and most importantly - shoes, so now I'm ready to brave the icy chills that are brewing at the top of Kyrgyzstan's mountains.

My English Club has lost its novelty, and now there are about three students who come each time - three days a week for one hour. Two of them would like to be translators one day and are very persistent in their goal to learn English - which I am more than happy to help with.
But, I'm finding that I really should spend more time studying teaching methods and coming up with more creative actitives. My goal for this month is to improve my Kyrgyz and make up some fun games for my classes.

(Above and below are pictures of myself and the girls from the 9th form ... by far my most dedicated students! To the right, my English club classroom.)

I will be celebrating Thanksgiving with a group of volunteers in Jalalabad city this weekend, look for pictures from that gathering soon.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in America!


2 comments:

Natalia said...

I will send you a packet soon. :) Your mom gave me some ideas but let me know if you need something urgent.

david santos said...

Peace for your people.